TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'm a little disappointed in the way he's handled things
People Seeking Info

Subject I'm a little disappointed in the way he's handled things

Posted by fuzzymonkey on March 25, 2015 at 10:12 PM
  This message has been viewed 301 times.

In Reply To throttle body options? posted by wickdGSXR on March 25, 2015 at 02:14 AM

Message Was an initial interest back in 2012 when he first brought the idea up. I had sent him emails back and forth for over 2 years, starting off with passing him ideas and opinions on what to do with the throttle bodies (example, the bead roll/rib on the tip of the throttle body was an idea passed along by me, originally planned to just be a straight through cylinder from my understanding), followed by emails sent semi monthly asking for updates, etc.

For two years I kept in contact and just when I couldn't wait any longer, I asked one last time and since they weren't in the plan "anytime soon", I just got my oem ones bored out.

Less than a month after I received my bored out ones, he started taking in deposits for the full on CNC'd ones. I was very disappointed as had I known, I would have waited it out. I didn't get any positive news when I asked if I could get some sort of discount on a set if I sent in my OEM bored out ones that he had just done, uninstalled, etc. I guess two years of regular emails expressing interest and ideas meant absolutely nothing. Seems like the follow through is non existent.

Good thing Ash is slow on the manifolds. Been waiting since day one. Was a fool for being one of the initial buyers of them but it was expected to be full of delays.

I'm not exactly happy with Gary's progress on the FPCU controllers either, but at least he has a valid excuse, and does respond when I send him emails asking for updates. Plus he's making revisions left and right so I'm okay to wait for it.

Not just with Rob, but a whole lot of people. Step up guys, it's getting pretty annoying lately. I think the bigger problem is the lack of communication. If you're going to try to make money on producing items, speed bumps are expected, and so are communication. It's really part of the job.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.